Test and Tagging
Corporate Industry Testing
The current Australian Standard, AS/NZS 3760:2010 specifies the tests required to be conducted in order to confirm the electrical safety of an item. Whilst the Australian Standard does not mandate a Portable Appliance Tester (PAT) should be used to conduct these tests, the use of a PAT remains one of the most comprehensive and efficient methods of ensuring an items electrical safety.
Contact Group Electricians use the latest PAT devices when undertaking testing on your electrical appliances.
Please note under the WHS Regulations 2012, the Inspection, Testing and Tagging of portable electrical appliances located in a Hostile Environment has become mandatory with a documented risk assessment applicable for items in a Non-Hostile Environment.
Construction Industry Testing
Contact Group Offer Construction site test and tag services, this can be arranged to be done on site or at a workshop.
Emergency Lighting Compliance Testing
Contact provides a complete solution for Emergency & Exit Lighting installations. From design through to installation, to final commissioning, we can do it all. Emergency Lighting Systems are required in buildings in accordance with provisions of the National Construction Code. All lighting systems designed supplied and installed are completed in full compliance with AS2293.1&2.
Our services include:
• Installation of both standard commercial & special application emergency & exit lighting
• Installation of Single Point Systems
• Installation of ‘smart technology’ computer monitored systems
• Installation of decorative, premium range emergency & exit lighting
• Installation of discharge test switching stations with full wiring control to provide lighting controlled off local circuits
• Supply of ‘As Installed’ plans in both Autocad & PDF
• ISO 9001/2012 Quality Assured Certified Systems
• Onsite refit and modification service
Emergency & Exit Lighting Systems
• White Lite range including CATS & Bulldog ‘smart system’
• Legrand range including Axiom ‘smart system’
• Famco range including Linemaster & Mastermind ‘smart systems’
Emergency call out facility
Contact Group provides customers with 24 hours service 7 days a week at any time of the day needed. We have qualified Technicians always rostered on call from each division in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie.
Our services include after hours support for:
• Lighting and Power of all varieties
• Automatic Doors & Gates
• Mechanical HVAC-R
• UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supplies)
• Specialised Interior and Exterior Lighting
• Electrical Switchboards of all varieties
• Electrical Diesel Generators & Auto Transfer Switches
• Telephone and Data & Fiber Optic Cabling
• Emergency & Exit Lighting
• Fire Detection & Alarm Systems
• Emergency Sound Warning & Intercommunications EWIS
• Security and CCTV Systems
• Audio Visual Systems
• Master Antenna TV Systems
• Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
• Renewable Energy Systems
• Building Electrical Maintenance and repair requirements of all kinds
Thermal imaging reports
Contact Group offers the latest technology in infrared thermography to diagnose ‘hot spots’ that can be indicative of potential and existing electrical faults.
Thermal imaging can be used to identify degrading electrical equipment, switches, relays and connections before they cause significant disruption to business.
As part of a regular maintenance plan, thermal imaging can help identify problems allowing for advanced scheduling of repair works and thereby saving businesses money by preventing unexpected failures. Insurance premiums may also be reduced, saving businesses significant dollars.
Our Services Include:
• Maintenance plans