services we offer
In conjunction with our industry partners, engineers and highly trained staff, Contact Group is able to provide a complete turnkey HV solution. Whether its reticulation of sub-divisions, installation of distribution transformers or service & maintenance of plant and equipment, Contact Group can deliver these services in a professional and timely manner.
Contact Group offer the following services in the High Voltage works area:
• Installation of transformers – pad mount or building type
• Installation of high voltage cables
• Installation of high voltage circuit breakers and switching stations –including ABB, Schneider equipment
• High Voltage cable jointing
• Repair / replacement of high voltage equipment
• Upgrading of high voltage installations
• Perform audits to Australian Standard 2067 (Substation and high voltage Installations) on existing high voltage installations)
• High voltage testing on transformers / cables/ switchgear – VLF (Very Low Frequency) testing, Insulation Resistance testing to 10 kV and oil sampling testing
• Installation of earth mats
• Provide testing capabilities on earth mats – step and touch voltages (ensuring safe working areas surrounding HV transformers) and soil resistivity testing
• Maintenance of high current LV circuit breakers and retrofitting of high current LV circuit breakers
• Maintenance of EHV Switchyards – 110 to 220kV
• Thermal Imaging of Electrical Equipment
Completing the total HV package for our customers we offer and recommend custom scheduled maintenance plans for your HV assets. If you don’t have or are not sure if you require periodic maintenance of you High Voltage (HV) assets please contact us and we can advise you free of charge what your legislative requirements are for your particular case. The regular servicing of HV equipment dramatically reduces high voltage faults that can occur on switch equipment and transformers. Some of the maintenance procedures we recommend are:
• Cleaning of HV switchgear
• Cleaning of HV insulators, which is best done with our ice blasting equipment.
• Thermal Imaging of connection points to ensure no hot spots are present.
• Wooden power pole testing and certification
• Soil resistivity , earth mat testing and installation
• Transformer oil sampling and testing and replacement.
• Switch yard vegetation management
• Asset auditing and inspections
Contact Group’s HV team also offer low voltage power service work as well. This covers distribution and installation of 415 & 240 volt cables from high voltage equipment such as pad mounted transformers. Other services also include:
• Installation of LV (Low voltage) Boards
• Installation of LV cables to LV Boards and main switchboards
• LV cable jointing
• Installation of turrets / cabinets including new sub division works
• Repairs or extension to existing earth mats
With the aid of in house design team we offer a complete end to end solution for street lighting installations. We specialise in the design and installation of lighting in new sub division for private and commercial applications.
• Installation and design of street lighting systems
• Installation of street lighting cabling and pathways
• Installation and design of control circuits
Dry Ice Blasting Services
Dry ice blasting is a revolutionary blasting method that uses small, compact dry ice pellets as the blasting material. The dry ice pellets are accelerated in a jet of compressed air similar to that used in traditional blasting methods.
This method is designed to replace high-pressure hosing, other traditional blasting methods and other cleaning methods that involve the use of hazardous chemicals, solvents, etc.
The unique feature of dry ice as a blasting material is that it vaporises on contact with the surface to be cleaned. Treated surfaces are therefore left dry and clean, without residues of detergents or blasting materials. As the process is completely dry and non-conductive, dry ice blasting can be used where other methods are unsuitable. For example, electric motors and equipment with electric, pneumatic or hydraulic components can be cleaned direct using dry ice blasting.
Private Power pole Maintanance
Contact Group offer a complete pole maintenance service on both HV poles and LV poles. We cover all aspects of pole maintenance including:
• Pole Inspection and Assessment
• Hardware replacement, including cross arms, insulators and aerial cable
• Pole replacement and pole stay replacement
• Install new power line and feed to a premise.
• Install private pole stay if required.
Subdivision Electrical Infrastructure
Contact Group’s HV division offers the design and installation of electrical infrastructures of subdivisions throughout Tasmania.
• HV/LV Cabling
• Installation of Kiosk Substations
• Installation & design of Earthmats
• Planning & Installation of street lights