Currently working on the tools and interested in transitioning to a project management role? Our Minor Works Supervisor role is for you!
Please use the form on the bottom of the page to apply.
Currently working on the tools and interested in transitioning to a project management role? Our Minor Works Supervisor role is for you. With a mix of office & site-based requirements you get the best of both worlds! This is an intermediate / transitional role from field to becoming an experienced Project Manager Estimator.
The Minor Works Supervisor role will coordinate and oversee small and medium projects under the direction and mentorship of our project management team.
You will learn project management fundamentals through coaching & structured training including; estimating, project scope and planning, stakeholder engagement and communication, risk management, resource planning and control; and leadership and development.
You will develop and foster strong internal and external relationships to achieve the business requirements whilst identifying opportunities for the most efficient delivery of our services to maximise our opportunities and assist our customers to achieve their desired outcomes.
• Supervision, coordination, planning and scheduling of field-based works for a team of technicians associated with small to medium sized projects.
• Developing and maintaining an understanding of our work obligations and scope requirements including preplanning and thorough review of project documents, plans and specifications.
• Ensure compliance with all business policies and procedures within your team including the mandatory use of IT management tools (tablets & software and electronic forms etc) and ensure adherence to all WHSE business processes and requirements.
• Oversee project budget and financials including maximising new opportunities (variations and leads etc) and creating and pursuing additional works opportunities.
• Foster and maintain long-lasting client relationships.
• Develop and maintain communication and risk management plans to keep project stakeholders appraised of project progress.
• Undertake project labour and sales forecasting.
• Assist in managing stakeholder expectations and attempts at scope creep and escalate as needed.
• Some minor travel and attendance at company/customer functions as needed.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• ‘Can Do’ Attitude.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Excellent time management and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Ability to motivate team members to achieve operational goals.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational, negotiation and presentation abilities.
• High-level verbal and written communication skills.
• Minimum 2 plus year post apprenticeship in relevant trade – Mandatory.
• 12 months+ in a leadership role – Desirable.
Attractive Remuneration Package – including:
• Salary in line with Experience
• Annual salary review.
• Standard Annual leave provisions.
• Health and Wellbeing days.
• Income protection.
• Family Friendly Flexible Work from Home Provisions.
• New modern office & workshop facilities.
• Company Vehicle.
• Company mobile and laptop.
• Structured Project Management & Leadership training provided.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
‘Contact Group Provides Industry Leading Wages and Working Conditions and we operate under an Industry Benchmark Enterprise Agreement’