Contact Group is seeking a Fire & Electrical Maintenance Technician to join our Launceston Branch.
Please use the form on the bottom of the page to apply.
Contact Group is proud to be a solely Tasmanian owned business employing Tasmanians and stimulating the Tasmanian economy.
Contact Group has evolved from the growth of our Contact Electrical businesses. The electrical industry is currently in a fast-paced innovative space with new advancements in current technology happening almost daily, as a result 12 divisions have been created that offers a diverse range of services to our customers.
Our workload is a mixture of industrial, commercial and domestic. Our divisions include; Electrical, Maintenance & Essential Services, Fire Protection, Facilities & Maintenance, ICT, Communications Fibre & Data, AV, Security & CCTV, HVAC, HV, Renewable Energy & Generation and lastly, Automation.
Contact Group is seeking a Maintenance Service Technician to join our team in Launceston.
• Undertaking Fire & Electrical Maintenance Services to AS1851, AS2293 & AS3760
• Undertaking Simple Routine Maintenance of Security Systems
• For Electrical Qualified Technicians- carrying out corrective and repair works across electrical systems
• Repairs to Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
• Undertaking and completing Industry standard WHSE (Risk Assessment & SWMS)
• Working to Australian Standards service schedules, tasks and time frames
• Working within allocated time frames
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• Self-motivated and organised
• Experienced in Fire & Electrical services maintenance – desirable
• Fire Systems or Electrical Background – desirable
• Clean and tidy presentation with good communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
• Good time management skills, and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
• Basic administration skills and the ability to complete related services documentation
• Confidence with technology and the willingness to learn new skills
• Ability to use app-based programs on tablets and mobile phones
Minimum Required Skills:
• A current car driver’s license
• Building and Construction Industry White card
• Working with vulnerable people or able to obtain
• Current police check or able to obtain
• Certificate II or III in Asset Maintenance – desirable
• Certificate III in Electrotechnology (Electrician) – desirable
• Current, valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s License
Attractive Remuneration Package – including:
• Industry Leading EBA Rates & Working Conditions
• Company vehicle
• Mobile phone
• Company Uniform and all associated Safety Clothing
• EBA negotiated allowances
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. For any questions regarding the position or a copy of our EBA please contact our HR department via our Contact Form.
‘Contact Group Provides Industry Leading Wages and Working Conditions and we operate under an Industry Benchmark Enterprise Agreement’