Contact Group is seeking Electricians with construction experience to join our Hobart Branch.
Please use the form on the bottom of the page to apply.
Contact Group is proud to be a solely Tasmanian owned business employing Tasmanians and stimulating the Tasmanian economy.
Contact Group has evolved from the growth of our Contact Electrical businesses. The electrical industry is currently in a fast-paced innovative space with new advancements in current technology happening almost daily, as a result 12 divisions have been created that offers a diverse range of services to our customers.
Our workload is a mixture of industrial, commercial and domestic. Our divisions include; Electrical, Maintenance & Essential Services, Fire Protection, Facilities & Maintenance, ICT, Communications Fibre & Data, AV, Security & CCTV, HVAC, HV, Renewable Energy & Generation and lastly, Automation.
The role – Construction Electrician
By joining us as a construction electrician you will be required to work Monday to Friday, some weekend and after-hours work may be required on an Ad Hoc basis.
• Handling basic repairs and maintenance
• Undertake day to day preventative/reactive maintenance
• Fault diagnostic works including maintenance and refurbishment
• Safety analysis
• Conduct works within the allocated timeframe and with a high standard of quality
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• Experienced in Construction Electrical work
• Competent person with excellent people skills and a clean and tidy presentation
• Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
• Good time management skills, and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work under pressure
• Attention to detail, problem solving and sound judgment
• Excellent people skills and a clean and tidy presentation
• Self-motivated and organised
• Ability to use app-based programs
Minimum Required Skills:
• A current car driver’s license
• White card
• Working with vulnerable people or able to obtain
• Current police check or able to obtain
• Trade qualification – minimum of Certificate III in Electrotechnology (Electrician).
• Current, valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s License
• A minimum of two (2) years’ post apprenticeship experience in a similar role within the construction industry (preferable)
• Strong technical and operational skills with a sound understanding of fault finding and diagnostic ability
• Ability to interpret drawings and manuals for service equipment and specific systems.
Attractive Remuneration Package – including:
• Base salary
• Income protection insurance
• Company vehicle
• Mobile phone
• Company Uniform and all associated Safety Clothing
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. For any questions regarding the position please contact our HR department via our Contact Form.
‘Contact Group Provides Industry Leading Wages and Working Conditions and we operate under an Industry Benchmark Enterprise Agreement’