We are offering a full-time role for a Company Accountant/Financial Manager to join our Statewide team in Tasmania.
Please use the form on the bottom of the page to apply.
Contact Group is proud to be a solely Tasmanian owned business employing Tasmanians and stimulating the Tasmanian economy.
Contact Group has evolved from the growth of our Contact Electrical businesses. The electrical industry is currently in a fast-paced innovative space with new advancements in current technology happening almost daily, as a result 12 divisions have been created that offers a diverse range of services to our customers.
Our workload is a mixture of industrial, commercial and domestic. Our divisions include; Electrical, Maintenance & Essential Services, Fire Protection, Facilities & Maintenance, ICT, Communications Fibre & Data, AV, Security & CCTV, HVAC, HV, Renewable Energy & Generation and lastly, Automation.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced Accountant.
Reporting to the General Manager and Director and as part of the management team, the Company Finance & Administration Manager will be responsible for all financial accounting, management accounting and reporting, budgeting and cash flow management.
As a senior member of the management team, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards the continued success of our business.
• Assist in maintaining current files and databases
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Producing documents and reports for relevant managers
• Managing the financial and administration systems;
• Utilising your strong Excel skills and practical experience with cloud accounting products such as MYOB, EXO etc;
• Payroll supervision, Payroll Tax compliance, and leave liability reporting
• Preparation and distribution of monthly, annual & statutory reports
• Preparation and lodgement of FBT & BAS returns
• Managing the accounts receivable ledger and developing relationships with clients
• Lead and develop the administration team to achieve strong business outcomes.
• Maintaining an appropriate internal control environment, including integration of field and financial systems
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• Good time management skills, and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
• Attention to detail, problem solving and sound judgment
• Competent person with excellent people skills and a clean and tidy presentation
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Self-motivated and organised
• ‘Can Do’ Attitude
• Enjoy being part of a team contributing directly to business success
Minimum Required Skills:
• Hold a suitable professional qualification (CPA, ACA)
• Have at least 3-5 years’ experience in a business environment
• Have competent IT & advanced Excel skills
• Have good analytical skills
• Ability to use app-based programs
Additionally, our ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude and be committed to producing high quality work within timeframes. You must be flexible and adaptable, with a high standard of personal integrity and professionalism.
To apply, please respond with your resume and a covering letter detailing why you are suited to this role, addressing specifically the responsibilities and qualifications for the role.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
‘Contact Group Provides Industry Leading Wages and Working Conditions and we operate under an Industry Benchmark Enterprise Agreement’